10 Best Drones In 2018
It's flight o'clock with new bleeding edge drones
The first serious drone I’ve ever tried was DJI Phantom 3, and back then it was really something. And that was 2015. Let’s see what do we have in store 3 years later. I’ve done a research and picked 10 best drones available in 2018.
1. DJI Phantom 4 PRO Drone Quadcopter Bundle Kit with 3 Batteries, 4K Professional Camera Gimbal and MUST HAVE Accessories
4.4 out of 5 stars, 144 customer reviews
- The Phantom 4 PRO Series is just the Most Powerful Drone in the market, it is equiped with the following unparalleled features:
- FIVE Directions of Obstacle Sensing, you really need to be the Crashing PRO to damage this drone
- 20 Megapixels Camera with HUGE 1" Sensor and MECHANICAL Shutter, FYI, the 1" sensor is over 4 times bigger than the 1/2, 3" sensor in the latest Gopro Hero 5 which is already amazing, Think about how great the video will be for the Phantom 4 PRO, Also the Camera is 20 Megapixels compared to 12 Megapixels of the Gopro Hero 5, Mechanical Shutter eliminating rolling shutter distortion which can occur when taking images of fast moving subjects
- Up to 4K 60FPS Video Recording! YES 4K 60FPS, 4K slow montion is at your figer tips
- We make the factory package more complete by adding some unique and must have accessories to the pacakges, Please see the description for a list of everyting included in thsi bundle
TAKE OUT PRIVATE INSURANCE on the product. If you ever need customer service from DJI, you're screwed.
The drone itself is awesome when it works properly, but you better hope that if you DO have any technical issues, it happens while Amazon will still cover you. DJI's customer service will be their downfall. Even if you PURCHASE their DJI24 Care insurance plan, they'll deny their obligations and flat out lie to you. Do a little online research on DJI as a company, not just as a drone developer, and you'll quickly discover that I'm not just one disgruntled, whining customer who woke up this morning wanting to bitch about something. Good luck.
I love this drone!
I am amazed at the quality of this drone. The camera, gimbal, intelligent flight modes, batter life, transmitter screen is all most excellent. I'm very glad I bought the 4 Pro + screen is far superior to using a cell phone and well worth the extra money.
If I had one complaint, it would be the rubber plug that covers the charging port in the transmitter. It seems inevitable that it is torn off by the friction of placing the drone back in the styrofoam case. The point of attachment is flimsy at best. Once torn off, I just know I'm going to end up losing it.
That said, it's a great product and well worth the money. Go big or go home.
Best of the DJI series!
Love it!!! I will start out by saying that the DJI Phantom 4 Pro is my first Drone I have bought and flown. This drone pretty much flys itself! I love the sonar system this drone has! You literally can no crash it into anything! ... I’ve tested it over and over again. Lol. Every time I am out flying, I have people coming up to me watching me fly. The camera works amazing! I won an award on a community site for best picture. This package literally comes with everything you need! I highly recommend this drone to first time and experienced pilots!
2. DJI Mavic Pro
4.3 out of 5 stars, 806 customer reviews
- The DJI Mavic Pro folds down as small as a bottle of water, making it small enough to bring with you everywhere
- New OcuSync transmission system offers up to 4, 3 miles (7km) of transmission range, Fly at up to 40mph (64kmh) or for as long as 27-minutes
- ActiveTrack, TapFly and other smart features make professional looking video effortless, True 4K, fully stabilized ensures smooth footage
- Obstacle Avoidance combined with sensor redundancy increases flight safety and reliability
- Vision positioning paired with GPS and GLONASS ensures precise positioning indoor and outdoors
3. Parrot Bebop Quadcopter Drone - Red
3.2 out of 5 stars, 361 customer reviews
- Easily updates to meet FAA requirements
- Explore the world in 14 megapixel full HD 1080p and capture any vista with Bebop's 180° field of view
- Cruise at your own pace and return home automatically
- Take clear photos and videos using advanced 3-axis image stabilization
- Fly farther and faster with quick charging Lithium ion batteries (included)
- Control your experience with our Free Flight Pro app (iOS, Android, Windows 8, 1)
work fine but no return home they depend that the customer ...
3rd one i brought, every time have problem with GPS, work fine but no return home they depend that the customer will not realise that there is something wrong. every time i bought from different place. and spare part very expensive
Good drone for beginner-intemediate
The shipping was fast and the pacage was very good. The drone itself is exactly what we expected. We very fast got the idea how to use the mobile phone and after few minutes of downloading the app and training we could go outside and enjoy the drone. The camera is very high quality, we loved the video. Don't try to captur at night - it needs day light.
The only bas side is that one of the batteries did not work (the package contain 2 batteries).
It is a lot of fun and takes great pictures and video
It is a lot of fun and takes great pictures and video. Good idea to begin flying in large open area with no trees such as a football field.
4. DJI Inspire 2 Quadcopter + Zenmuse X4S Starters Bundle
5.0 out of 5 stars, 13 customer reviews
- Quadcopter is compatible with 5, 2K Gimbal Cameras and features CineCore 2, 0 Image Processing
- Drone supports CinemaDNG and ProRes Recording
- Bundle kit drone comes with a Dual-Battery Design
- Flying copter features Advanced Obstacle Sensing
- Starter kit comes with a 2-Axis Stabilized FPV Camera
An awesome bird!! This is a great package, the only thing I would add is two more batteries at a minimum. I purchased 4 extra batteries, so I have 3 sets. I also purchased a set of polar pro Nd/Cpl (neutral density & circular polarizer) they work very well. Enjoy!!
I learned to fly a quadcopter on a small toy my wife gave me a few years ago. Decided to start a business that involves a drone and after all my research decided to go with the Inspire 2 rather than the Phantom b/c I wanted to be able to upgrade the camera at some point. This was a great bundle! It sat in my house for 4 days before I felt comfortable flying it. It's great! I'm still learning all the ins and outs of the the DJI software. The only thing that would be better in this bundle is (4) batteries (Inspire 2 takes 2 at a time) and a hard plastic travel case. The case is a 'hard' foam case, but I would never feel comfortable checking that on an airline.
Unless more than 4k is really needed!
The starter pack this drone enthusiast chose, still has the onboard camera, comes with the X4S 360 camera and not the ProRes and cinema DNG, yet t still yields very close to the same.
5. DJI Spark, Portable Mini Drone, Alpine White
4.1 out of 5 stars, 400 customer reviews
- Intelligent Flight ModesSmart, reliable, and incredibly intuitiveQuickShotVideos with a Tap
- High-Performance CameraAmazing images and stabilized videoMechanical Gimbal StabilizationShake-Free Shots
- Flight PerformanceAwesome potential, immersive experiencesPowerful Propulsion Speed and Precision Control
- Flight SafetyWorry-free flight in the palm of your hand ; Propeller guards are recommended when using these functions
- 2-Axis Stabilized Gimbal Camera
6. DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone with 2.7K HD Video Camera
4.3 out of 5 stars, 1,142 customer reviews
- 2, 7K video and 12MP stills from the 3-axis stabilized integrated camera makes the Phantom 3 Standard a strong value, Enjoy the view: A live video feed gives you a 720p HD real-time view of what your camera sees right on your mobile device
- View a live image streamed from the drone up to a half mile away on the free DJI Go app using your mobile phone or tablet
- GPS assisted flight features let you concentrate on getting great images while the drone helps you fly safely, You can achieve advanced camera perspectives with the Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoints modes (pending app feature availability)
- Fly up to 25 minutes with the included intelligent battery
- A range of accessories is included: 1 battery and charger, 2 full sets of propellers, radio controller, 8GB micro SD card
7. Parrot Mambo FPV - Complete Starter Pack for Drone Racing
3.8 out of 5 stars, 12 customer reviews
- Parrot Mambo is easy and safe to pilot
- Includes Parrot Cockpit glasses (FPV goggles) for an immersive flight experience
- Includes Parrot Fly pad for ultra-precise piloting
- Play with your friends to turn the sky into a racing track
- The Free Flight Mini app expands your options for playing and experiences
Good starter drone
Good gift and a great drone to get your feet wet before diving-in and purchasing something a lot more expensive. The goggles are great, they allow the user to feel like they're actually in the pilot seat of the drone. Be cautious tho, can induce motion sickness. The goggles can also be used without the drone as VR goggles.
The drone requires you to recharge the battery through a port, which renders the drone useless while waiting for the battery to charge. You definitely would want to purchase the separate charger and spare batteries. I believe it takes 1.5 hours to recharge the battery and flying time is about 10 minutes.
is freaking awesome! The automated take off and landing buttons help ...
This drone, for being on the simpler side of drones, is freaking awesome! The automated take off and landing buttons help a ton and it’s fairly easy to use right from your phone with the inflight mini app! Such a cool buy
Very cool item. My 17 year old loves it.
8. DJI Mavic Air, Onyx Black
4.3 out of 5 stars, 806 customer reviews
- Capture 4K Video and 12MP Photos
- 3-Axis Gimbal-Stabilized Camera
- GPS- & Vision Position-Based Navigation
- 8GB of Internal Storage
- Flight Autonomy with Obstacle Detection
- Top Speed of 43 mph in Sport Mode
- Active Track Subject Tracking Modes
- Up to 21 Minutes of Flight Time
- Foldable, Portable Body
9. Parrot Jett Jumping Mini Drone
3.7 out of 5 stars, 33 customer reviews
- No FAA registration required
- Agile and lightweight Jumping Race MiniDrone with embedded VGA (480X640) mini camera that sends photos and videos directly to your smartphone or tablet; microphone and speaker capture and broadcast audio
- Adapted for high speed with large racing tires usable indoors and outdoors; reaches speeds of up to 8 mph
- Jumps up to 2, 4 feet high and always lands on its wheels; jump disables when picked up
- Free Flight Jumping app gives you ultimate control from your smartphone or tablet
- Removable, lithium-polymer 550mAh battery lasts up to 20 minutes and recharges in 25 minutes (with 2, 6A charger, not included)
Headache to update and get operational but my son loves it
very good ~ ^^(싸고 좋습니다)
fun but couldn't get it to operate with my amazon ...
fun but couldn't get it to operate with my amazon Fire tablets. it also couldn't operate with my Chromebook. if operating it with a typical android tablet or cellphone, you'll have plenty of fun with this.
10. Parrot Disco FPV – Easy to fly fixed wing drone, up to 45 minutes of flight time, 50 mph top speed, FPV goggles
3.6 out of 5 stars, 46 customer reviews
- Fixed-wing drone that reaches speeds up to 50 mph
- Ultra-precise piloting and extended flight range of up to 1, 2 mile with Parrot Skycontroller 2
- Immersive flight experience with Parrot Cockpitglasses (FPV goggles)
- Shoot full HD 1080P videos and 14Mpx photos with the built-in wide-angle camera, Footage can be captured in RAW, JPEG and DNG format
- High capacity 2700mAh battery with up to 45 min battery life
- Easy to fly with automatic take-off and landing, assisted piloting controls, anti-stall system, and Return Home functionality
- Compatible Smartphone screen size for the Cockpitglasses: 4, 7 - 5, 2" / 12 - 13 cm
Think twice before purchasing.
I am so disappointed in this expensive purchase and Parrot's support, I wish I could rank this product with negative stars.
After reading the manual and setting up, the drone was launched from our half acre of grass front lawn. At first all seemed great as it took off easily and moved right into loitering above us. However several times I encountered a "drone disconnected" message on screen even though the drone was only a few houses down.
Finally it ended in a crash as we noticed a piece of the right wing come off. First a drone disconnected message came on screen and it came down three houses away in a strange spiral. It crashed hard into many pieces. That was not in the manual.
After calling Parrot support I am told that my story does not match the "flight data" and that they reviewed my property and the 1/2 acre of grass front lawn is inadequate to launch and land the drone ( not that it actually landed where we were ). So for $1,300 we got about twenty minutes of drone flying.
Easy to get up and Flying
Well packaged, delivered ahead of schedule. All components included as expected. Very easy to assemble and operate if you follow the instructions in the Users Manual. Do not expect to just open the box and fly. Know the FAA rules - This drone will have to be registered with the FAA. Don't fly it near an airport. This aircraft is easy to fly and has automated features that make launching and landing very simple. The First-person goggles provide a very unique "cockpit" view which makes it fun to fly, but if using the goggles, make sure you fly with a spotter or visual observer that can see where the aircraft is going. I also own a Parrot Bebop drone and the controller and FPV goggles are compatible with this system.
Hard to master. Very fun when mastered. Overall-amazing.
I don't usually review but I think this product is being reviewed badly and I think its not fair. I love this drone, it is by far the most fun I've had in flying drones. I think the people who had problems didn't really do things correctly. But this drone is actually hard to fly. It's not your usual drone quadcopter. But overall, if you get a hang of it you'll surely enjoy it. I've had a ton of crashes with this drone but amazingly it still works superb. I just wish there are wheels for landing :)
for the record I bought this at $499 and because I loved it I bought another one for $399. So, I feel its worth it. This might've been a different review if I bought this for $1000+.