Best Digital Paper E-Ink Tablets and E-Book Readers
See what the latest digital paper tables are capable of in 2018
It has been a long time since first e-ink e-book readers appared in the market. They are still amazing, have weeks of battery life - practically timeless technology. However there are new players in town now in 2018, with large screens, improved processing power and other bells and whistles. Take a look.
Sony DPT-RP1/B Digital Paper
3.9 out of 5 stars, 77 customer reviews
- World's thinnest, lightest letter-size tablet device: as thin as 30 sheets of paper
- Projected capacitive touchscreen allows for “pencil or pen style” writing and erasing with provided stylus
- High contrast and no glare, so text can be read clearly even in bright sunlight
- Easy drag & drop transfer of documents via USB or wireless (Wi-Fi or Bluetooth) with Digital Paper app installed on your PC or Mac
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to three weeks use on a single charge, 16GB internal memory provides storage for approximately 10, 000 PDF files
The display is excellent and the feel when writing is far superior to ...
The display is excellent and the feel when writing is far superior to a tablet. The form factor is also great. It is light and thin yet sturdy. There are, however, some significant deficiencies in usability. The inability to scroll (up/down or left/right) while zoomed in is a major annoyance. Also, the lack of file management capabilities on the device itself such as being able to determine what folder a new set of notes is saved to, or even the ability to move it from the default "notes" folder to another subject specific folder is very limiting. Of course the fact that despite having WiFi builtin, it can't directly sync with any cloud based services (e.g. Dropbox, onedrive) also seems very short sighted and means that you will often have to carry both the dpr-rp1 and a laptop to meetings, conference sessions etc. (anywhere were someone might direct you online PDF content). Hopefully Sony will quickly update the firmware to address some of these issues.
All-New Kindle Oasis E-reader - 7" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi), Waterproof, Built-In Audible, 8 GB, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers
4.5 out of 5 stars, 530 customer reviews
- Our largest, highest resolution display— 7” and 300 ppi, reads like real paper without glare, even in bright sunlight
- The first waterproof (IPX8) Kindle so you are free to read in even more places
- Now with Audible, listen to the world’s largest library of audiobooks, Pair with Bluetooth to take the story with you anytime, anywhere
- Thin and light ergonomic design with dedicated page turn buttons and adaptive front light so you can read even more comfortably for hours
- Keep reading—a single charge lasts weeks, not hours
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB, Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, newspapers, and audiobooks
- Instant access to new releases and bestsellers, or from over a million titles at $2, 99 or less, Prime members read free with unlimited access to over a thousand titles
Kindle Voyage E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers
4.2 out of 5 stars, 13,454 customer reviews
- Passionately crafted for readers
- High-resolution 300 ppi display--reads even more like the printed page
- PagePress enables you to turn the page without lifting a finger
- Adaptive front light--provides ideal brightness, day or night
- Battery lasts weeks, not hours
- Prime members read free with unlimited access to over a thousand titles
- Try Kindle Unlimited free for 30 days--choose from over 1 million titles
Kindle Paperwhite E-reader - Black, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers
4.5 out of 5 stars, 56,566 customer reviews
- Now available in black or white
- Higher resolution display (300 ppi) - with twice as many pixels
- Built-in adjustable light - read day and night
- No screen glare, even in bright sunlight, unlike tablets
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours
- Massive selection, low prices - over a million titles $2, 99 or less
- Prime members read free with unlimited access to over a thousand titles
BOOX Max2 E-reader,13.3" Dual-Touch HD Display,Android 6.0 32 GB with HDMI Interface
4.8 out of 5 stars, 15 customer reviews
- ★ Ereader &Monitor 2 in 1 ★: Reading on the E-Ink screen to protect your eyes by effortlessly connecting it to computer with HDMI cable to act as the second display screen
- ★ Stable Android 6, 0 ★: Compare with our older version of ereader and other ebook readers, Max 2 will run much more faster with 1, 6G Quad-core CPU than ever before
- ★ Dual Touch Control ★: Electromagnetic touch control with electromagnetic pen (Wacom stylus) for scribbling, and capacitive touch with finger for free reading
- ★ Split Screen View ★: You can have an EPUB or MOBI open on one side of the screen and the note app on the other, This will allow you to jot down notes on each page and save them
- ★ 2048 Degrees of Pressure Sensitivity ★: Max 2 will let you get thicker or thinner lines by pressing on the screen and gives you a chance to draw or write down your inspiration
I can now read PDFs without carrying around a crate
I've got thousands of PDF that I cannot read on Kindle because of the small print. I'm excited. But I just got it in the mail.
It's not that it's bad. It just lack of some functions for me
I used it for two days and return it. It's not that it's bad. It just lack of some functions for me. Like I can't find the highlighting functions while taking notes and it does not have sentivity writing experience like remarkable. It also does not support 5 G hz wifi which is a little bit disappointed. Otherwise, it is pretty cool, you can customize your lock screen which is amazingly cool!
One of the most unique aspects about the e-reading experience is split screen view.
One of the most unique aspects about the e-reading experience is split screen view. You can have an EPUB or MOBI open on one side of the screen and the note app on the other. This will allow you to jot down notes on each page and save them
Boox Max Carta Ereader,13.3" Flexible Screen 16 GB with Built-in Wi-Fi,Bluetooth
3.5 out of 5 stars, 8 customer reviews
- ★ Excellent Pinch Zooming Experience ★ -- Highlight, annotate or erase on any document like it’s pen on paper, Even make hand-written notes with smooth, crisp writing
- ★ Listen to The Audio Books On BOOX ★ -- Pair with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to move seamlessly from reading to listening
- ★ Compatible with Various Reading Software ★ -- Multiple choices, multiple using experiences
- ★ Smooth Stylus Touch Screen with Controllable Button ★ -- E-Ink technology, visible function button, All-New Carta Refresh Technology
- ★ Thoughtful Design for Reading PDF★ -- You don’t need to use any app to compose type of the Pdf document because our product has the function that help you handle various formats of documents automatically
I'd say it's the best that's available for that
I got it for internet browsing and mirroring my computer monitor. I'd say it's the best that's available for that, but the technology still needs to be developed. Hoping they update the system soon because there's compatibility issues with some basic apps and browsers. Excellent as an e-reader.
For reading/annotating pdfs (letter-size /A4 documents) and suffering from eye-strain with tablets, this is a good reader,definitely worthy
comes with manuals,very thoughtful
boox e reader comes with manuals, if you don`t know how to use it, you can read their manuals and it is very easy to comprehen, and then you can turn it on and start reading. This device support few language as system language,thoughtful design.
Kobo Aura ONE
3.8 out of 5 stars, 28 customer reviews
- 7, 8-inch 1872 x 1404 E Ink display
- 8GB storage, 1Ghz processor
- No advertising, no interruptions
- Blue-light night reading adjustments
Big which is nice, Amazon if your listening
Big which is nice, Amazon if your listening... needs to make something similar with perhaps higher quality control, but this is where the romance ends, laggy, slow uneven backlighting and night mode is useless on higher settings, compared to the kindle lineup this thing doesn't get nearly as dark at the lowest or nearly as bright at the highest of settings
A fantastic item, just avoid "Triplenet Pricing INC"
A fantastic item, layout and organization, especially in conjunction with Cailbre is much superior to Kindle. Night-time mode is pretty nice too. The extra size opens up reading to fixed layout items like PDFs that are unpleasant on the Kindle. The CBZ support is pretty neat too.
Just avoid "Triplenet Pricing INC" if you want a new one as they ship used/broken items as new (and make you pay shipping on the return). As things stand now, I'd buy it from Rakuten directly and give Amazon a pass on this one.
I am very much satisfied.
It's Kobo, what should I say more ???
I am very much satisfied.
Oaxis Inkcase i7, 4.3" E Ink eReader for iPhone 7/ 8/ 6S / 6, Unique Smart Bluetooth Second Screen Case for iPhone 7/ 8/ 6S/ 6 with Drop resistant , eBook / News / Pocket / Note
3.2 out of 5 stars, 16 customer reviews
- Thinnest unique smart case: the surface of this smart cover could brings your iPhone 7 to life in amazingly powerful ways
- World’s lightest ereader: with 217DPI, 480*800 resolution, it delivers beautiful crystal sharp text on the 4, 3” E ink screen for a crisp reading experience
- Military Drop Protection: Using the latest BubblePro Technology, millions of Micro Weave locks together to reinforce the case rigidity, Energy from any impact is absorbed by the Micro Weaves
- Ink your memories: relive your best moments (image) by displaying the memories you snapped, The screen that is always on without any battery power virtually
- Real time Display Live Informance: Display real time live information, such as time, date, weather, fitness tracker, Calendar and more, it's your sweetest secretary ever
So coooool~~~~~ It is very useful for reading
It is very useful for reading, checking weather, checking photos, looking at times and so many different functions.
Oh, the most important function is reading books. It is an E Lnk eReader after all.
I think it is better for mans. Maybe the producer could add some fresh colours,for example: red, pink, light blue, gold......
At last I want to say the magnetic charging interface looks like very upscale and practical.
Hope to debut new models for iPhone 7+, iphone8.
Bought it purely for fun. New and interesting product
Bought it purely for fun. New and interesting product. Like the second screen of my phone. You can use it to read news books, even photos. It’s easily charged, can be used for a long time.
Still has major obstacles to overcome...not quite there yet
BOOX E-reader,N96ml Carta 9.7" E Ink Display FrontLight E-book Reader w/Google Play Audio Book
3.9 out of 5 stars, 2 customer reviews
- ★ 9, 7" Large CARTA Screen ★-- Great size for PDF files reading, and equipped with aerospace Alunminum housing, makes the E-reader performs lighter in weight and better in durability
- ★ Easy Sync ★-- The side notes for each document could be really useful to synthesize the notes you take in your textbooks and keeps every document you need organized and accessible
- ★ Text-to-speech ★ -- Audio books or music playing on background, IVONA™ (pre-installed with Polish, English and German voices)
- ★ Fantastic Audio Output ★-- Built-in speaker and microphone for sharing and recording your log
- ★ Fast Page Turning ★-- Increase refresh rate by 200% and less ghost, perfect for fast reading of text, pdf or other formats of documents
1 is way too old to be useful - can't sync with any Google APIs
I should have waited for the 10.3 note pro that is coming out next month. The fact that they don't keep up with Android versions (4.1 is way too old to be useful - can't sync with any Google APIs...) makes this not worth the money. It is a good size for pdf reading , and works for that, but with the fact that this is an android capable tablet with an e-ink display, the implementation falls short. What is nice is that it is bluetooth capable - the goal for me was to utilize it as a low power portable writing device that synched with google docs, and one I could read ebooks on to replace my kindle. It would be phenomenal if they updating the software to a more recent version of Android, which would bump it up a star for me.