Best Voice Controlled Tech Gadgets
Let your voice do the typing
All-new Sonos One – 2-Room Voice Controlled Smart Speaker with Amazon Alexa Built In (Black)
5.0 out of 5 stars, 3 customer reviews
- Start and control music with your voice, Amazon Alexa is built right in
- Fill two rooms in your home with rich, crystal clear sound, the perfect way to begin your Sonos system
- Pair your Sonos Ones together in the same room for stereo sound, Connect them to Playbar or Playbase for epic home theater surround sound
- Get the latest weather updates, flash briefings and sports scores, set timers, and enjoy all those other helpful Amazon Alexa skills using a single Sonos speaker
- Add even more Sonos speakers to experience wireless audio throughout your home
Great sound!! easy connection
Amazing stereo sound
I purchased two and paired them for stereo sound. I’m very happy with my investment. Streaming music never sounded so rich and clear!
Easy to set up , stereo sound is great
Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Black
4.5 out of 5 stars, 1,434 customer reviews
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, read the news, set music alarms, read audiobooks from Audible, control Amazon Video on Fire TV, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3, 5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn, Play music simultaneously across Echo devices and speakers connected via cable with multi-room music
- Call or message almost anyone hands-free with your Echo device, Also, instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice
- Controls lights, fans, TVs, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Sony, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer; Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino's, DISH, and more
A new companion for my Brother With MS
My brother Robert who has been bed ridden and paralyzed with Multiple Sclerosis from his neck down for more than 30 years now has a new friend named Alexa! He was in tears with happiness when Alexa played 70's music, played Jeopardy, answered all his questions and wakes him up every morning. Thank you Amazon for giving my brother a new bedside companion.
Parrot Minikit Neo 2 HD - Voice controlled portable Bluetooth hands-free kit with HD Voice (Black)
3.4 out of 5 stars, 61 customer reviews
- Benefit from optimized sound quality and calls in HD Voice
- Initiate, accept or reject calls with a simple voice command
- Connect 2 phones simultaneously (Multipoint)
- Free App « MINIKIT Neo 2 » for Android and iOS
- 6 months of battery life on standby with its Ultra Low Power Mode (ULPM) and automatically powers on as you enter the vehicle
Another great product by Parrot. I fully recommend the Parrot Minikit Neo 2 HD!
The Parrot minikit Neo 2HD works fantastic. Not only does it work with my smartphone but it even works with my wife's old flip phone, contacts and all. Pairing and syncing the contacts is pain-free. I love the fact it has the automatic wakeup mode on it as well. Just open your car door and it springs to life with a tone and automatically syncs with your phone. You can disable this feature if you like. Having the option to voice dial is a nice touch since it makes for a safer driving experience. Sound is crystal clear. When my wife is using it in her car, I honestly can't tell she's using it. Most hands free products are very obvious. You can either hear white nose, or the caller sounds very 'distant'. Not the Neo 2. Best hands free sound quality I've ever heard. When you have an incoming call, the Parrot Neo 2 reads off the callers name if they're in your phone book and all you have to do is say 'accept', or 'reject'. A very well thought out product.
Second gen is pretty good!
Having both the first Neo which is in the wife's car and now having this in my truck, I can attest that these are great devices. The only differences are the clips to the visor, which accommodate a bit thicker ones and the speaker is more "bass-y" alas the "HD" aspect. Also no pairing with NFC on this one. Not a big deal, just a little trade off. Pairing is pretty straight forward, especially on my Android running Lollipop 5.0.1. For Lollipop, you just open up the bluetooth settings and that scans for devices waiting to be paired.
Using it is just like the Neo1. However, my jog wheel is a bit stiff comparatively.
Completely satisfied, does what I need.
A great little way to go hands free. Goods: portable (between our two cars, traveling, etc), supports multiple phones, voice recognition, battery monitoring, app, overall ease of use. The speaker is plenty loud for phone calls. Not really good enough to listen to music (I have a convertible / high perf tires / tire noise), but that's not why I bought it. The other reason I chose it was because I didn't have to open the dash.
Eufy Genie Smart Speaker With Amazon Alexa, Voice Control and Hands-Free Use, Stream Online Music (Spotify, Amazon Music, Pandora, Sirius XM), Wifi Speaker, Smart Home Control, AUX Output, Black
3.6 out of 5 stars, 500 customer reviews
- Eufy Genie is a voice-controlled smart speaker with Amazon's intelligent Alexa voice assistant, Just say the wake word "Alexa" and Genie plays music, controls your smart home devices, answers your questions, sets calendars, reports the weather and news and more, (2, 4GHz Wi-Fi Network Support Only, No Bluetooth) If you have more than one Eufy Genie or Echo in your home, Spatial Perception Technology intelligently selects the Eufy Genie or Echo closest to you to answer your request
- Built with a 2W speaker that delivers dynamic audio and room-filling sound, so you can truly enjoy your favorite playlists from streaming services like Spotify, Amazon Music, TuneIn, Pandora and iHeartRadio
- Enables a true voice-controlled smart home experience, Use Genie to control all Alexa-compatible Eufy smart products, such as RoboVac 11c and Lumos LED Smart Bulbs, in addition to other brands that work with Alexa
- Easy setup with the free EufyHome app, Use the Amazon Alexa app to access 10000+ skills and services, such as Sirius XM, Domino's Pizza, Uber, ESPN, NPR News, and much more, Plus, Genie is always getting smarter, Future updates include: Alexa messaging and calling, (EufyHome requires a smartphone or tablet running iOS 8, 0 (and above) or Android 4, 3 (and above) to operate, )
- What You Get: Eufy Genie, AC power adapter (5ft/1, 5m), AUX cable (5ft/1, 5m), user manual, safety instruction card, our worry-free 12-month warranty and lifetime technical support
Almost a Dot
It works pretty good and since I have several dots through my house I placed this device in the room that Alexa is the least needed. This is a great device also for somebody that may not have any device yet so you will not miss any of the missing features like Bluetooth and some calling features. Plus it's missing some of the streaming music support but overall if you don't use Spotify or Pandora it's not a big deal. But they do include a stereo input wire to hook up to your phone or stereo so you can play those two apps or any other app not available for it. For Apple users it has Airplay instead of Bluetooth. Heck you can even connect it to your Apple TV!
Still a bigger fan of Google Home, but if you are going to use Alexa, this is an excellent device.
There was a firmware update that fixed most of my issues. Customer service responded to my original update to let me know and I plugged it back in. I have checked the Genie vs Google Mini from all over my apartment and with background noise. Same range at this point. Way, way better. Alexa is still dumber than a box of rocks, but that's not on Eufy.
The Eufy Genie regularly does not hear me from anything but 5 feet around it. Alexa also regularly misunderstands me while using it. The speaker is okay.
I ended up going with a Google Home Mini that covers the area nicely. I plan to put this into a smaller area and see if it functions any better.
Wish it was compatible with Google Home, as it would at least be smarter.
As it is, I can't return it, so oh well.
Liked it but had to return it
Really thought I was going to love this speaker until certain shortcomings forced me to return it. Mics on this unit are no were close to Amazon's version, found myself yelling a lot to get it to pick up my voice even at a modest volume level. The biggest issue and was the last straw was the application interface. I took this speaker with me while travelling and every stop instead of just logging into the app to update the wireless configuration on it, I had to deactivate the device from my account and initialize the setup from scratch.
Wemo Light Switch, Wi-Fi enabled, Works with Amazon Alexa
3.9 out of 5 stars, 3,008 customer reviews
- Wemo Light Switch seamlessly replaces your old wall light switch, Control you lights from Wemo Light Switch on the wall, the Wemo app, and even your voice with both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Set schedules and timers, Set porch light to turn on at sunset, Schedule ceiling fans to turn before you arrive home, Sync on and off times to sunrise and sunset, and more
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, Pair Wemo Light Switch with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant built-in devices like Google Home to turn your lights on or off with just the power of your voice
- Randomize Lights to Protect Your Home, Enable ‘Away Mode' when you’re away and Wemo will turn lights on and off randomly, Electrical Ration: 120V/15A/60Hz/1800W
- Works with Nest, Wemo Light Switch pairs with Nest to detect when you’re home or away, Use Nest compatibility to turn a ceiling fan off when the house is empty, or have your lights switch on when you come home
- Replaces any single-pole light switch, Not compatible with 3-way (multi-switch) lights, Neutral wire required
Great switch, not perfect, but I'd buy it again.
This switch is great, with a few small flaws.
Let me start by saying this switch works exactly as advertized.
The issue is that installation is a little bit awkward. In my experience, most switches don't require the extra "white" constant power line. It's fine that this switch does, but it might cause hesitation in someone who has not used all four wires in a switch before.
The great benefit of these switches and smart power supply switches is their simplicity. This switch is fine, but more complicated than most random other switches. If you don't need the functionality of a smart switch, this is a waste, even a hinderance.
My other small complaint is this switch occasionally looses signal. It is near my router, and installed correctly, in a bay which only houses it, but it just occasionally disconnects. It's rare enough, it has never caused any trouble for me, but assuming it is the fault of the switch, it could be a problem for some.
Vobot Smart Alarm Clock with Amazon Alexa, 5W Speaker, Voice Control, LED Display, Timer/Date/Weather/Daily News/Radio/Music(Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, TuneIn etc)
3.9 out of 5 stars, 130 customer reviews
- [Smart clock with artificial intelligence]Easy setup with the free Vobot App, Enjoy Alexa service with the Amazon Alexa App, Touch-initiated and voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, provide information, control smart home devices, listen to news and audio books, report weather, traffic conditions, and so on, (No Bluetooth)
- [Alarm/Snooze/Timer/Reminder functions]This device allows you to set alarm, active alarm, recurring alarm( e, g, for weekdays or every Monday), timer and reminder with voice command, Wake to your favorite built-in sounds, TuneIn radio, or any music since you can upload or customize (paste the music URL) the music you like, The alarm clock can be easily turned off by pressing mute
- [LED display/Visualization/Customization]LED dot-matrix display with smooth surface makes everything clear at first sight, The display is customizable with multiple options, such as date+time, date only, word clock display and12h/24h display
- [Speaker/Streaming media]Built-in 5W speaker and 3, 5mm AUX out makes the room full of sound during music playback, and thus you can easily enjoy the streaming media from Amazon music, TuneIn and iHeartRadio
- [Portable/other functions]: It is a hands-free device after full charge of the battery, When it is in low battery, it will go into deep sleep and wake up before next alarm (so you can leave it uncharged at night), The clock always shows the right time once configured, even after a power and/or internet outage, Our worry-free 12-month warranty and lifetime technical support, Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthday, graduation, or anniversary gift
Very good value. Best clock.
With its low price and the Alexa function, it is by far the best bedside clock I can find.
* Internal battery - no need to worry about power outage. Also it is using regular usb cable to charge.
* Auto time - time is set automatically. I assume day light saving time adjustment will be automatic too which is awesome.
* Black background with lighted digits - the kind I like for bedside clock (instead of lighted background and dark digits)
* Brightness is adjustable through the app
* Customizable display
* Price - not too much more expensive than a comparable clock without Alexa
* Alexa - almost every feature available to Echo is available in this little guy: music, radio, weather, your calendar, home smart control etc.
* Setup may be a bit confusing to some people
* Need to touch the top of the clock to activate Alexa. Sometimes it is hard to find the spot since the top is smooth.
* No Alexa calling support
* Screen can be a bit bigger
Good clock but still buggy
I really wanted this to work. It does most of the time. I only wanted it for a clock in my entertainment center. You have to turn all the other features off to do that but I still get the date that comes up during the 10:00 hour and it occasionally reboots and it will show the eyeballs on the screen. Their support is really responsive and the date is s a known bug but that they can't seem to get rid of.
Update: worked with tech support and got the issue resolved.
A Real Winner
Vobot is a very elegant smart alarm clock that provides a simple solution to a simple task - displaying the time and waking up. Whereas something like the Echo Spot, at three times the cost, is just the opposite: a complex solution to a simple task .Further, support is outstanding and the folks at Vobot actually work to correct problems in real time, not the "its been passed on to development for review" nonsense we get form the big boys.
I should also mention that Vobot does not voice activate Alexa, nor should it. Who wants the thing speaking up unexpectedly (my Echo has done that on occasion) at 5:00am waking those who might be still asleep in the room. Nor does it have a camera, something only an infant would need or a LCD screen that tends to illuminate a room with it's back lighting (even in a dim mode).
Combine all this with a small footprint, a very readable display, and capacitive touch controls and you have a real winner.
Bose SoundLink Revolve Bluetooth Speaker, Triple Black - WITH Amazon Echo Dot Wireless Voice-Controlled Device BLACK
- Bose SoundLink Revolve Bluetooth Speaker - USB Power Supply - USB Cable - AC Power Adapters - Bose 1 Year Limited Warranty - Amazon Echo Dot Wireless Voice-Controlled Device BLACK
- Driver: 1x 3" (76, 2mm) full-range driver
- Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth 4, 2 with NFC
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP 1, 3AVRCP 1, 6
- IP Rating: IPX4