Creative Ways To Stash That Cash
Cash is always in fashion. Do you have where to stash it?
As a huge fan of Mr. Money Mustache, I follow his advice to “stash cash”. However, stashing the cash (and most likely other valuables) can be difficult, as it can be found and stolen.
Luckily, there are plenty of smart (and cheap) hidden storage solutions on Amazon, and I’ve selected the best of them for you here. Enjoy!
Streetwise Fake Large Hardbound Diversion Book Gun Safe Secret Compartment
4.3 out of 5 stars, 47 customer reviews
- Authentic hardbound book with actual printed paper pages that have been hollowed out and fitted with a secret stash compartment
- Perfect for hiding small valuables, such as jewelry, keys, cash, credit cards, etc, , and felt lined to protect your belongings from damage
- Perfect for home safety or for traveling with valuables/cash, Easily fits on a shelf or bookcase, in a carry-on/beach bag, or rests easily in plain sight on a coffee table or night stand
- The reported average length of a home burglary is 6 minutes, This inexpensive, low tech diversion device provides security for your valuables without any ongoing expense
- Inside storage space measures 6, 5” x 3, 5” x 1” ; The exterior measures 9, 5” x 6, 5” x 1, 5”
This is a great find!!! It is an actual book and has real pages.
Hair Brush Diversion Safe Stash with Smell Proof Bag by Stash-it - Can Safe - Secret lid on top opens to store your valuables!
4.5 out of 5 stars, 252 customer reviews
- HIDE OR STORE YOUR VALUABLES: Secret false top unscrews to display hidden stash safe
- FOR AT HOME OR ON-THE-GO: Take it with you wherever you go without drawing attention to your valuables
- HAS THE LOOK AND FEEL OF A REAL HAIR BRUSH: Fully functional diversion product
- WHEN IN DOUBT WHERE TO HIDE IT - STASH-IT! Inside Safe Size: 1, 25 inches wide, 4, 5 inches deep, Fits 30 rolled dollar bills!
- Includes: 1x Stash-it Hair Brush Safe, cap, 3x4 Smell Proof Bag, Retail Box, Money seen in pictures not included!
I LOVE IT.... I PUT THE MONEY IM SAVING FOR A CAR IN IT. I HAVE 2000 IN HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS AND THEY FIT INSIDE WITH NO PROBLEM. HAVE IT ON MY VANITY WITH MY OTHER BRUSHES AND COMBS. PERFECT!!!
This is a nice brush but
This is a nice brush but, to me, it seems obvious that it is a stash spot. At first glance someone might overlook the brush so it is probably good for hiding money or small things at the beach or in your purse.
Perfect Diversion Safe
I bought this to hide some stuff I would rather not have my roommate know I have... I have brushed my hair with it to make it look used and even in a shared bathroom, with it out in the open you can't tell its a safe... Perfect for my needs.
Southwest Specialty Products 30007C Barbasol Can Safe
4.3 out of 5 stars, 550 customer reviews
- Made from genuine product containers
- Screw off bottom
- Practical gift for any occasion
- Perfect for Home Office School Travel RV's and Boats
- The best place to hide anything is in plain sight
Great for Cash, But needs to Be Large Bills.
I like to keep some cash on hand just in case of an emergency. Best to have larger denomination rather than $10's or $20's. I wish it was larger but it is the same brand of shave cream I use, so, it fits right in with my extra cans of shave cream. I have a bunch of $20's so I need to make a trip to the bank and get larger bills. Otherwise, it is a safe place to hide that extra cash from my wife. :)
Looks like the real thing, great hiding spot for some cash, a key, or something small.
it looks real. I couldn't tell it except by the weight of it when I picked it up. My son got a kick out of it, it was a stocking stuffer gift for him.
Fantastic way to hide your valuables
Fantastic way to hide your valuables. What thief would go through all the my junk, oooops don't want to give it away.
Rampro Hide-a-Spare-Key Fake Rock - Looks & Feels like Real Stone - Safe for Outdoor Garden or Yard, Geocaching
4.4 out of 5 stars, 555 customer reviews
- Key holder that looks just like, well a rock
- Ingenious way to hide key 'in plain sight' so you or family members are never locked out again
- Molded poly-resin matches real rock in size, shape, texture, color weight weatherproof/windproof
- Hidden tray underneath holds house, car or other keys up to 2-3/8"-length, 1" wide
- Goes 'undercover' among shrubs, grass or landscape rocks/wood chips; 3-3/8"L x 2"W x 1-1/4"H, 4 oz
Get one and never call a locksmith again
Can't believe I'm writing a review for a fake rock but what the hell I'm on a roll tonight. Looks just like a real rock and camouflages really easily. Even feels real. Could it be real? Ok now I'm just blowing my own mind.
Just a rock with a hole in the bottom.
Nothing covers the hole except the price tag/barcode sticker. The picture makes it look like there is a 2nd rocky part that covers the hole but that is wrong. What's picturesd is two of them.
... similar product that was accidentally taken out with lawn waste.. The only issue with this one is ...
I previously owned a similar product that was accidentally taken out with lawn waste.. The only issue with this one is that the bottom come out completely vs on a hinged system.. It is also very hard to open the bottom. It needs a pull tab or something to assist in getting the plastic bottom on and off.. Other than that, it is made extremely heavy to help with the realistic look as well as to hold securely in whatever exterior location you may place it. With a few alterations and this would be the perfect 5 star product.
WD-40 Safe Can Diversion Stash Container+Free Pack of 1 1/4 Rasta Wrap
4.1 out of 5 stars, 261 customer reviews
- Handcrafted from a real WD-40 Can
- Good for holding cash and jewelry
- Weighs the same as a full can
- Undetectable screw off top
- Hide your valuable in plain sight
Smaller inside than I expected
mine seems well constructed without sharp edge that others have complained about. Maybe manufacturer listened. I wanted it as it will hide well in a shop, but as noted in other comments, you lose much of the possible storage space due to the insert that hides the false weight.
The balance feels right in the hand so it doesn't seem empty. BUT I am disappointed by the small amount of space.See image.
Would fool anyone!
Purchased as a “stocking stuffer” and the recipient seemed a little perplexed as to why I gave him WD-40. I had to tell him to unscrew the bottom before he realized what it really was. Definitely a success! Looks identical to a real WD-40 can!
Quick shipping. Just as advertised.
Quick shipping. Just as advertised.
Monster Magnetics MiniMag 2 Waterproof Magnetic Stash Box - All-Weather Hide A Key, Locker Box, Magnet-Mount Geocaching Container, Under-Car GPS Tracker Holder - Easily Hide Your Stuff Anywhere!
4.4 out of 5 stars, 43 customer reviews
- HIDE A KEY, FOB, FULL SET OF KEYS - AND MORE! Covertly stash your valuables and magnetically mount in, on, under, or behind any magnetic surface - in a secret hidden spot that only you know! The watertight magnetic container will stay securely attached to any magnetic surface - in any environment, This all-weather dry box makes the perfect under-car hide a key, GPS tracker mounting case, geocache swag container, and stash box for securing keys, money, jewelry, meds or just stashing your goods
- TRIED, TESTED AND TRUE - WE KNOW WHAT WORKS, Quality starts with design, The sturdy and watertight design delivers ultimate protection by providing a waterproof barrier against water and corrosion damage, giving you the ability to deploy it anywhere - even in the harshest weather conditions, This is the latest version and design and is a culmination of years of testing of tens of thousands of units, For home or everyday use in the field, MiniMag is the clear choice when only the best will do
- PROFESSIONALLY DESIGNED FOR UNDER CAR GPS TRACKING, The compact size (exterior 3, 5 x 2, 2 x 1, 6 inches; interior 3, 1 x 1, 8 x 1, 4 inches) and jet black finish are a perfect fit to any of the most popular GPS trackers on the market, including GL200, GL300, Prime, MicroTracker, Spark Nano, Enduro Pro, Trackimo, and many more, The original design was engineered with these universally-sized devices in mind, Pro-grade features make MiniMag the perfect solution - indoors or outdoors, all year long!
- REINFORCED MAGNET WILL NOT BREAK OFF, Although the magnet strength is important (and our magnet is strong!), the bigger problems we see are the quality of the enclosure itself - magnets breaking off and inadequate sealant, MiniMag 2 features dual industrial strength nickel-plated neodymium magnets that are countersunk right into the enclosure, Eliminating the traditional screw or rivet assembly eliminates the worry of the magnets detaching from and inadequate sealant causing moisture damage
- UNDER-VEHICLE PLACEMENT - ARE YOU IN THE KNOW? When it's time to crawl under a vehicle to place the magnetic case, where do you put it? Relax! We teamed up with GPS tracking experts to create our "Under-Vehicle Placement Guide", This illustrated guide provides the information you need to know for optimal placement, where GPS, GSM, and CDMA signals are concerned, as well as recommendations to prevent loss, Follow the instructions on the packaging to download the Placement Guide - for FREE!
One big problem, but made it work
Using it to hold spare key under my SUV. The magnet is great, but I had to rig the lid hinge because the pin was too short to securely hold the lid closed. Then I decided to duct tape the lid closed just in case. On the bright side, it's been on for about a month. I just checked it today and it's holding strong. So I was under impressed with the case, but the magnet is great so I made it work -_-
Works great, highly recommended
Item arrived as expected, two heavy duty molded into the plastic magnets, nice size box, using for gps tracker for past 10 days and works great. This box also has a good sized hole on the exterior for using a zip tie with your magnet mount, as extra protection so you don't lose it. However, I've used for past 10 days on undercarriage and it hasn't budged one bit, highly recommended.
these are perfect but we are trying to find an external cover ...
these are perfect but we are trying to find an external cover for them just for added protection if anyone has any ideas please let us know
Magho Plastic Wall Clock With Secret Compartment as Hidden Safe for Money Jewelry Stashing (10', Wood Grain)
3.3 out of 5 stars, 63 customer reviews
- 10 Inch Round x 3 Inch Thick Clock with Secret Compartment; Medium Brown Color;with Big Roman Digit;Retro Style
- Looks Like Regular Wall Clock but Has a Stash Box Behind Clock Face;
- Requires (1) AA Battery (Not Included);Super High Quality Quartz Sweep Movement Supplies Accurate Time and Absolutely Silent Environment;
- Keeps Valuables, Documents, Keys, Other Valuables Safe and Secure;But Not for Heavy Things;
- Suitable for Kitchen, Living Room, Dinning Room, Hotel, and Other Places Which Need a Retro Style Clock;
Nice little clock for the price
This is a nice little clock that I bought to replace the one in my bathroom. Being very inexpensive I wasn't expecting it to be more than it is. It's in a discreet location and while we've never had a burglary, I don't think anyone would think of looking in this clock. I've hidden a few jewelry items in it. A little hard to open, a little flimsy, but I don't mind. Keeps good time and it's nice looking.
Pass on this
The hinge broke the first time I opened it. As other's said it's not a quality product and the clock is too thick, too deep, so it looks suspicious that it might be more than just a simple wall clock which defeats the purpose of using it to hide valuables.
Don't waste your time with this item. Super cheap made.
This is the second one of these clocks I have purchased. The first clock came in broken to pieces and I sent it back for a refund. I received the second clock three days later which looked to be ok. I opened the door and the hinge broke off. This item is cheap and flimsy made. I can not recommend this item. I don't like leaving negative feedbacks on any item but this one is more trouble than it is worth. I will try and fix this one and maybe end up with a working item.
Cd Safe Secret Hidden Diversion Storage Container for Hiding Stash and Money Like Can Safe
5.0 out of 5 stars, 1 customer review
- Stack of 6 cd cases with a hidden compartment
- Brand new in retail packaging
- Money not included
I just love it. The only problem is the glue does ...
I just love it.The only problem is the glue does not hold that good but I fixed it.
Shomer-Tec Hollow Spy Bolt Secret Storage Container
4.4 out of 5 stars, 20 customer reviews
- Updated and improved version of the old Soviet KGB “dead drop” hollow bolt used during the Cold War
- Looks like an ordinary 3/4" diameter bolt (3, 43" long), but hollow
- It has reverse threading on the bolt head for additional security
- Features an O-ring seal for weather-proof storage of small valuables, communications, etc
- Its secret storage compartment has a diameter of , 49″ and a maximum depth of 2, 81″
I gave it a 4 because of the weight. ...
I gave it a 4 because of the weight. When you pick it up, it is way lighter than a real bolt. enough so that my brother noticed instantly that something was off with it. I dont know that much could be done about that. Maybe hollow the entire length and fill half of it with a heavier metal, lead maybe?
Other than that, it is very well constructed. I would suggest wraping the item you put in it with tissue paper and stuffing the empty space with tissue paper. If you shake it, you can hear the contents rattling around inside.
Awesome and authentic looking!
There is no way to tell that this is not a real bolt. Has grease, little specks of rust and everything a normal bolt might have on it. I threw this in a small container with a bunch of used, similarly sized bolts and if actually was a challenge to find it.
One thing worth noting: the bolt I received came with two small glass vials inside the bolt useful for storing items I guess. I don't have a use for them, but it's nice that they were included!
and def looks like the real deal
Fits right in with my other tools and can def fit around 10 hundred dollar bills rolled up. Steel seems well made, and can't imagine someone finding this and being able to open it. For one, it is threaded opposite, and def looks like the real deal.Someone would have to know exactly what they are looking for to uncover such an item, such as you telling a friend that you have it etc.
Professional Grade Products WS1 Wall Safe, Hidden as Air Vent in Plain Sight, Secures Jewelry, Valuables, Cash
3.3 out of 5 stars, 5 customer reviews
OK If Installed In the Right Place
Good deceptive "in plain sight" hiding place for small items or cash. Certainly Not a Safe
Good fit, even in an older home. Easy install.
Nice but too short
I like the product but it is too small. Since the only dimension that is key is the width to fit between studs, why in the World did they make it so short? I find that I need to go and buy the next size up now!
Hide a Key for House, Car, and Safe Keys- Temperature Reading Indoor and Outdoor Working Wall Mount Thermometer with Key Storage by Stalwart
3.1 out of 5 stars, 253 customer reviews
- WORKING THERMOMETER- This discreet wall mount hide a key is equipped with a real working thermometer, so no one will be able to guess that it’s a hiding place for your spare keys
- INDOOR OR OUTDOOR USE- Mount this hidden key thermometer to any inside or outside wall, Perfect for hiding car, house, or safe keys in the home or outdoors
- HOLDS TWO KEYS- Equipped with interior hooks, this spare key hider can hold up to two keys at a time, Safely conceal both an extra house key as well as the spare key for your car simultaneously
- PRODUCT DETAILS- 6, 3” (H) x 2” (W) x 1” (D), Color: White, Material: Plastic, Measurement Units: Fahrenheit and Celsius
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED-Stalwart is committed to providing consumers with the absolute best price and value on our products, NOTE: This is an exclusive product of Stalwart and ONLY Hidden Key Holder is GUARANTEED to be genuine
Broken upon arrival
This looked like a good idea when I was looking around for a hiding place for a spare key. But upon arrival and inspecting the product I saw where the two "key holders" that are hidden in the product were both broken and unable to hold a key. I wasn't sure if it had shipped from the factory like this or was damaged during shipping, so I chalked this up as a loss and have used something else.
This product is made from a hard plastic which appears easily broken. The shipper send product by USPS standard delivery. I arrived with a portion broken off the case which attaches to the outside wall. I guess I could use it to hide a key OK but am concerned about bugs, etc getting into it and building a nest. Notified the seller of the problem and they authorized me to return it but I would have to pay for the return. Not what I expected from an Amazon vendor.
EDIT: The shipper (Frank) has offered to play for the shipping to return the broken product but I'm going to see if I can just glue the broken piece back into place. It's not like it should be that difficult for me to do. Would sure save time.
Not durable and will come apart in the wind
Thermometer top loosely slides up and down a track on the wall-mounted portion and is not sturdy but wanted to try it anyway. Installed it on the framing around a door on my rooftop deck in New Jersey. The casing became brittle when exposed to sunlight and temperatures above 85F. It fell off due to windy conditions and shattered when it hit the floor. It's now trash. Not durable and don't recommend this product.