Get Rid Of Bad Habits With Electro Shock
Train your brain to let go of your bad habits with this wearable tech.
I used to smoke a pack of cigarettes for about 7 years. It was taking a toll on my health, I felt heaviness in my lungs, I was getting nightly coughs, telling myself “It’s just a little cold”.
I wish I had this wearable wonder back then. Though I have quit smoking for good 10 years now, and feel that this was one of the best things I could have done for myself, it was really difficult to break the habit.
One thing that helped me a lot back then was this book: Alen Carr’s Easy Way To Stop Smoking. If I haven’t read it, I would probably still be puffing today.
However, I have recently read another great book about addiction: Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked, and it mentioned this wonderful invention - a wearable band that gives you a slight electric shock when you do something you want to quit. It trains your brain to associate your bad habit with the unpleasant shock, disconnecting it from pleasure centers of your brain, and effectively making you subconciously less and less addicted to the bad behavior.
I believe this is a wonderful concept, and I will sure be getting this armband for myself, to test it out on my weak spots (i.e. oversleeping my alarm clock or forcing myself to do my workouts). I will document my experience after a while, so stay tuned!
Pavlok Wristband – Smart Wearable That Breaks Bad Habits – Behavioral Technology – Mild Electric Stimulus
2.8 out of 5 stars, 443 customer reviews
- Download the app, and choose the habit you want to break
- Pavlok integrates with sensors, friends, and GPS to keep you on track with your goals
- Use the 'manual' mode for habits that aren't yet detectable
- Breaks bad habits via zaptic feedback, Other wearables track what you've already done, Pavlok changes your behavior
- Use the Pavlok iPhone app to adjust device setting & engage with habit breaking courses