The Science Of Coffee
I prefer to brew my own coffee, with science.
If you’re like me, you drink at least three cups of coffee every day. Going to Starbucks that often can leave you broke. Also, you have to go outside for it. Meh, I’d rather brew my own coffee at the comfort of my home. And with these coffee makers you can get the most out of those magic beans.
Osaka, Cold Brew Coffee Maker - 1.5 Liter Tritan Carafe with Stainless Steel Mesh Filter "Fushimi Inari Taisha" (Grey)
3.8 out of 5 stars, 70 customer reviews
- LOOKS LIKE GLASS, BUT SHATTERPROOF - The pitcher is made from BPA-free Eastman Tritan copolyester it will not break, nick, crack or warp even after using it hundreds of times
- EASY POUR SEAL LID - The lid keeps an airtight seal with or without the filter, keeping your cold-brew coffee extract fresh for up to 2 WEEKS! The specially designed spout makes for an easy pour
- STAINLESS STEEL MESH FILTER - The filter is made of high grade 300 micron stainless steel mesh which produces a clear and exceptional coffee
- LARGE CAPACITY - Brews up to 1, 5 liters of coffee at a time, That is about 10 (5oz, ) cups of coffee in a single brew
- QUALITY GUARANTEED - Create a delicious coffee like a pro, with our detailed instructions and tips, For any defects in the materials or craftsmanship of any Osaka product, please contact our customer service team and we will be glad to assist you
Easy To Use
Easy To Use! Still Working after 24/7 on the first brew however at first not first not finding a difference from a couple of other Cold Brewers but also found the coffee grounds at the very top where still dry while the appearance unlike other brewers showed a performance level you could plainly see in the color of the finished result! It's that I happen to prefer a stronger flavor in coffee and elected to keep the first batch brewing a bit longer then the 12 to 24hr scenario. I suspect that the souce coffee is the problem before the next brand new container is opened however! That will a totally different flavor by exact same brand but not having seen a container opened up and left unattended all summer long! This will be a freshly openly container I expect will produce a much better brew! The product not being one that Broke Instantly upon any type of impact is also A PLUS FACTOR being looked at here as the 1st brewer simply slipped and broke too fast to do anything about!
Makes terrible weak coffee water
I liked the look of this cold brewer so I wanted to give it a try. I tried pre-ground coffee grounds, and then fresh-ground beans. Both times it produced super weak coffee-flavored water that tasted terrible. I like my coffee fairly strong, but this one wasn't even on par with a regular drip coffee machine. I wish I could still return it but because of circumstances I wasn't able to and threw out the box. Sad because I really wanted to be able to get good cold-brewed coffee at home, but looks like I'll have to try another brand.
but the coffee was nice and strong
Before I ordered this, I was using a large jar to brew my coffee, then I would strain through regular coffee filters. It took forever to strain and made such a mess, but the coffee was nice and strong. I love the ease and convenience of the Osaka, but did notice the brew was quite weak. I thought maybe it was because I used my medium roast coffee instead of my regular dark roast bold. I've just read some other reviews and think that may not have been the case. I do love the coffee maker and will brew another carafe using my dark roast coffee and see if there is a difference. Overall, I'm giving 5 stars still.
Yama Silverton Hot or Cold Coffee Dripper, Copper/Wood 18 oz. by Yama Glass
3.4 out of 5 stars, 13 customer reviews
- Experience the full bloom and flavor range of your selected bean, using either the included metal or ceramic filters
- For crafting cold brew, the valve below the filter allows fine-tuning of drip rate to control steeping time for the perfect coffee strength
- Borosilicate glass top and bottom are dishwasher-safe and easy to clean; bottom beaker is also microwave-safe for reheating
- Permanent stainless steel filter allows those wonderful aromatic oils to pass through for fullest body and depth of taste
- The bottom beaker holds up to 550ml/18, 5oz liquid; enough for you and a friend
Unless you've perfected your favorite ratios for the same coffee you're most likely experiencing ...
Unless you've perfected your favorite ratios for the same coffee you're most likely experiencing variations in your cup when using a traditional pour-over method. The Yama greatly increases your chances of a high-quality cup every time because of it's valve feature which allows for full submersion of the water and coffee. I've used every machine from a drip brewer, to Chemex, to the V60, to siphon and the Yama is the best yet. It's one of the most expensive single cup brewers but it's worth every penny.
The only way I can describe this item is functionally lacking. I have the misfortune of spending over $100 for this with the intention of using it as a cold brew maker. The filter sits atop the bronze-colored metal arm and is set by a couple pieces of rubber. The setting on which the filter sits on the arm is simply not strong or snug enough to hold the product while in use. The metal arm separates, with the weight of the liquid frequently causing the product to lean over a bit and spill out the coffee.
Furthermore, the wood had began to warp a few months after purchasing. It is near my sink so it is exposed to some water. Just keep in mind that the wood is not likely treated so be careful when cleaning the product
I have only used it to brew hot coffee and like the shutoff valve allowing the coffee to bloom before ...
I think this coffee maker works very well, I have only used it to brew hot coffee and like the shutoff valve allowing the coffee to bloom before releasing the coffee into the pot. Perfect size for me allowing 2 to 3 cups of brewed coffee at a time.
Chemex 6-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffee Maker
4.5 out of 5 stars, 2,317 customer reviews
- Includes a polished wood collar with leather tie
- Selected by the Illinois Institute of Technology as one of the 100 best designed products of modern times
- All of the coffeemakers are measured using 5 oz, as 1 cup
- Chemex filters are required for operation all Chemex coffee makers
- Capacity: 30 Oz
Worth every drop.
I assumed the Chemex was probably going to be gimmicky and too much work compared to my Keurig Vue but I was very pleasantly surprised. While it does take a fair amount more effort to produce than my other pod base coffee maker, the difference in quality is stunning. After some trial and error, I wouldn't recommend using standard filters with the Chemex but instead stay with the thicker proprietary Chemex brand filters.
Gotta love it & the coffee it makes.
As a gift, it totally fit the bill - nice quality, modern yet classic, requested... Bit disappointed at how easily it breaks, but that's the way of glass items. Having a pour-over gives a great opportunity to chat and catch up while you wait, so I'll always lean this way when I have a choice. I'm currently working on a "cozy" for my son's, so it stays a little hotter when he's having coffee solo.
I gave up my Kuerig when I gave up drinking coffee, my husband put it in his study. I thought I would try this since I only have coffee on weekends, green tea during the week. For tea I use that cute little glass teapot with the lime green ring on the top that Amazon sells, and I use it to boil the water for my coffee. This system does seem to make the coffee smoother tasting and its unique looking.
Pour Over Coffee Kettle with BUILT-IN THERMOMETER - Large 1.2L - Gooseneck Drip Coffee Kettle and Stainless Steel Stovetop Tea Pot
4.6 out of 5 stars, 197 customer reviews
- LEARN HOW TO BREW POUR OVER COFFEE! Equip your inner barista with this Pour Over Coffee Kettle, Use this drip kettle to make delicious coffee with the pour over method, *Please note that this kettle holds 1, 2 liters but we recommend boiling 1 liter at a time, since boiling at full capacity risks overflow
- THERMOMETER INTEGRATED | PERFECT TEMPERATURE EVERY TIME: Water that is too hot will burn your coffee, If it is too cold, you won’t extract the full consistency of the beans, The integrated temperature gauge allows you to brew your coffee at the optimal temperature (195-205°F), Make a perfect cup of coffee every time with our easy to read thermometer!
- GOOSENECK SPOUT | CONSISTENT EXTRACTION EVERY TIME: For great pour over coffee, you need a quality stovetop kettle with a gooseneck spout for precise water flow, Our pour over kettle has an easy-to-pour goose neck spout, Pour the right amount of water and pour at the right speed for a consistent and even coffee extraction
- PREMIUM 18/8 STEEL I BARISTA QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: This drip coffee kettle is made from premium surgical-grade stainless steel, has an easy to pour spout, with an ergonomic easy-to-hold handle, While inferior kettles are prone to rust over time, this coffee kettle is made with a double layer metal base to keep your kettle leak-free and rust-free
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY I 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We provide premium barista-quality coffee brewing tools for the home baristas, We take pride in the quality of our products and back it up with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty, If you are not 100% satisfied with your Drip Kettle, you are free to return it, within the first year, and receive a FULL refund
Great for perfect-temp kids hot cocoa!
I never thought I'd love a tea kettle. They've always seemed utilitarian at best. I don't do pour over coffee, but we make a lot of hot cocoa and the water is always way too hot. Then we put in ice cubs, then it's too cold. Heat up to 160 degrees (or whatever temp your kids like). And I don't like microwaving the mugs of water b/c the cups are too hot. This also goes for making water for Starbuck's instant coffee at the camp ground.
The built-in thermometer makes it so easy! And the cocoa is ready in minutes.
Barista Warrior Kettle: The best cup of coffee I can brew at home!
I've been using this kettle to brew my pour over coffee for almost three months (daily). The best feature is the thermometer on the lid. The dial is marked to the perfect boiling temperature range. The goose neck style is also essential for gently pouring water on the coffee grounds. This kettle is a must have tool for pour over coffee brewing. Please note that this brewing method is not a lazy, good enough k-cup quick brew. It takes me about 12 -15 min. to brew my coffee. I have to plan my morning routine to include a little extra time. But all other coffee at convenient stores, at work, etc. tastes inferior to my home brew. Also pour over brewing takes practice to perfect. My first couple attempts were not very drinkable.
Arrived very quickly and damage-free. Temp gauge seems to work really well, and the difference this makes in my coffee is highly noticeable (compared to using an old Pyrex pitcher), even for a coffee n00b like me. The bottom of the kettle is heavy enough that it holds its temperature long enough to do your entire pour-over, which is really nice. It looks nice sitting on my stove, has a comfy handle that doesn't get hot, the lid stays put but isn't hard to get off, and it holds enough water to act as a tea kettle as well! Loving it so far :)
The company is also really invested in their product--they followed up with me soon after it arrived to see how it is going, and I have full faith that if something were to go wrong, they would stand behind their product.
Breville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder, Brushed Stainless Steel
4.3 out of 5 stars, 413 customer reviews
- Stainless Steel conical burrs designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean
- 60 precise grind settings from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind
- Precision Electronic Timer allows users to adjust grind time in 0, 2 second increments and consistent dose every time
- 16oz coffee bean capacity with locking system for easy removal, storage, and transfer of the bean hopper
- Grind directly into portafilter, grinds container, gold tone filter basket or paper filter
Behmor Brazen Plus Temperature Control Coffee Maker
3.9 out of 5 stars, 400 customer reviews
- Fully customizable, temperature control 8-cup coffee maker with pre-soak option and temperature calibration for high altitude
- Pulsed water flow for ideal extraction; programmable pre-soak option enables coffee flavor to bloom ahead of brewing
- Easy to operate digital controls with programmable brew start time
- High-quality thermal carafe, stainless steel water reservoir, high capacity professional style brew basket, and reusable gold filter
- 8-cup (1, 2 liter/40 ounce) brew capacity; 2 year warranty
Gourmia GCM3500 Digital Siphon Artisanal Coffee Machine - Pedestal Display Touch LCD Control With Automatic & Manual Brewing Functions, Bold Flavor
4.2 out of 5 stars, 85 customer reviews
- VACUUM COFFEE BREW: Create rich, bold coffee with this elegant, unique vacuum siphon coffee maker, Coffee is brewed through two vintage looking chambers via vapor pressure
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT: If you have watched a siphon coffee maker at work you’ll agree it’s one of the coolest ways to brew, It's the perfect gift for the coffee lover in your life
- DIGITAL BREWING FUNCTIONS: This coffee maker features automatic and manual control functions that allow you to customize how your coffee is brewed and enjoyed
- STUNNING APPEARANCE: Unique, crystal clear glass pot and sleek black glass pedestal design make for an outstanding kitchen appliance, A coffee machine and a conversation starter!
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: At Gourmia quality matters to us and that’s why this siphon coffee machine is made from the best materials, SGS certified to ensure safety
simply search for - "Permanent Coffee Filter for All Hario Siphon Coffee Maker and Other Syphon Coffee Maker" Should be noted that I liked mine so much that I purchased two more as ...
This Siphon works really well and it is not to have the digital heater. Run it on Auto for a 60 second brew once in the brewing chamber, or use manual to brew for a longer duration. If you purchase this Siphon, please be advised that it comes with a cloth filter. However it is functional, you will only get a few uses before you will need a replacement cloth sleeve. That said I would advise purchasing a lifetime metal filter, they run about $30.00US, simply search for -
"Permanent Coffee Filter for All Hario Siphon Coffee Maker and Other Syphon Coffee Maker"
Should be noted that I liked mine so much that I purchased two more as gifts. Additionally, this is a top notch seller who went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with my purchase. - I would support Gourmia again, and hope you consider them as well.- Just a guy making the purchase with no affiliation
Love this! We've been using a french press up ...
Love this! We've been using a french press up until now. Decided to try this on a whim and absolutely love it. It's so fun to watch this in action. The coffee is piping hot and 100% free of any grinds. Coffee tastes great. I'm not an expert on coffee but I love the end result from this device. It's easily cleanable and does not take much time. I purchased "Diguo Permanent Coffee Filter for All Hario Siphon Coffee Maker and Other Syphon Coffee Maker". and recommend it.
Recommended siphon brewer
Friendly warning: Know what you are getting into! All siphon brewing systems are the some of the most work intensive to make coffee. With that said, this is definitely the most convenient of them.
Electronic water heating, automatic and manual functions. This makes excellent coffee and you can control this to your hearts desire by using the manual function and brewing as long as you want. The only downside is cleanup after is annoying but a small inconvenience for great coffee. Compared to cheaper stovetop options - these are much safer. There's far less risk of knocking over the siphon, dropping it, and overheating.