Top Smart Wearables for 2018
We aren't in cyborg era yet, but with these wearables it's as close as you can get
As a fan of sci-fi, I always dreamed of having robotic eyes, robotic limbs and implants that would enhance my body. While we are still quite far away from these things becoming ubiquitous, we can take advantage of all the wearables latest technology can offer. Here is a little list of most promising wearable tech I made for 2018. Hack away, and become one with the computer!
P.S. I admit, some of these items are outright hilarious. Might make a great prank gift for your augmentation hungry Deus Ex playing buddy!
Muse: The Brain Sensing Headband
4.1 out of 5 stars, 618 customer reviews
- Muse is your personal meditation assistant
- Sometimes your mind is calm and sometimes it's active, Muse will guide you to a calm mind
- Put on the Muse headband, put on your earbuds, start the app, and close your eyes, Immerse yourself within the sounds of a beach or rainforest
- While you meditate, Muse measures whether your mind is calm or active, and translates that data into weathers sounds
- When you're calm, you'll hear peaceful weather sounds, When your mind wanders, the weather will intensify, guiding you back to a calm state
- After each session, review your data, set goals, and build a deeply rewarding meditation practice that gets better every time
- Kindly refer to the User Manual, FAQs, and Tech Specs for more information
Use wires and a colander on your head, you'll save $300. It's too expensive for not reliably reporting a meditative state.
Pros: I was meditating more regularly because I had it. Muse customer service is really good.
Cons: Many. I see it as a fraudulent device. It continues to improve your score even if you are active thinking or calm thinking.
1) It reports me as "more calm" when I do challenging brain puzzles while using it.
2) It doesn't differentiate between Theta-Delta waves and Alpha. The only benefit to strengthening your frontal cortex is if you are in Alpha state (focused meditation). One time that I was falling asleep and fell asleep (Theta-Delta) I racked up over 100 "calm birds".
3) I also received a lot of calm birds when I was distracted thinking.
4) It doesn't allow you to delete skewed data sessions if you fell asleep.
5) It's way expensive for not reliably reporting a meditative state.
Digital Galvanic Skin Response Sensor, 10 nS Res., 100 S/sec Max Sample Rate - Compatible with Neulog Sensor and Robotics Platform (Sensor + USB Module (USB200))
- Note: Designed for Educational Use Only, Galvanic skin response (GSR) logger sensor for measuring changes in the skin's conductivity due to stimulus
- Can be used to study physiological and psychological relationships and responses to stimuli, lie detection, and for human biology demonstrations for further research
- GSR probes (power and ground) for detecting conductivity changes
- REQUIRES CONNECTION DEVICE To use sensors you will need either: a USB Module (USB200) to connect via USB cable to PC or Mac, or a Dual WiFi/USB Module (WIFI202) to connect to any Wi-Fi enabled device (Smart Phone, Tablet, Computer), The special "S" series of Neulog sensors includes a USB cable to allow you to power your sensor and WIFI202 with any standard USB charging source (wall plug, portable USB charger, a computer USB port, etc, , ), Note: No such charger is included
- Experiment duration of 1, 0 second to 31, 0 days for versatile use, with 16, 0-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) resolution for reading range of values
Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband, Black, Large (US Version)
4.2 out of 5 stars, 13,724 customer reviews
- PurePulse continuous, automatic wrist-based heart rate tracking to better measure calorie burn all day
- Maximize your workouts using simplified heart rate zones (Fat Burn, Cardio and Peak)
- See call, text & calendar notifications on the OLED display; Automatically track how long and how well you sleep and wake with a silent vibrating alarm
- Get a better understanding of your fitness level and see how you can improve over time with a personalized Cardio Fitness Score; Use Connected GPS during run mode to see real-time stats like pace and distance on your wrist
- Track all-day activity like steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes;Find moments of calm throughout your day with personalized guided breathing sessions based on your heart rate
- US Version
UPRIGHT GO - Smart Wearable Posture Trainer with Free IOS and Android App
4.2 out of 5 stars, 68 customer reviews
- WEARABLE TECH: UPRIGHT's products are the only posture wearables that go directly on your back for the most precise measurement and feedback, Developed hand-in-hand with back surgeons and chiropractors
- POSTURE CORRECTOR: Upright builds you a personalized training program and you can expect to see noticeable improvements in your posture in as little as two weeks of training
- POSTURE TRAINER: Use UPRIGHT GO all day and everywhere, while sitting, standing or walking, See your statistics through the UPRIGHT GO app to track improvements and see what your posture was throughout the day
- POSTURE MONITOR: 24/7 in app customer care team keeps you motivated to train consistently, meet your goals and have better posture in no time
- IN THE BOX: UPRIGHT GO posture device, Travel case, USB charging cable, 5 re-usable hypo-allergenic hydrogel adhesives, User-manual, Free iOS & Android App
I don't like annoying so I don't like this product.
My buddy bought one and he hated it from the get go. I have horrible posture so I figured I'd give it a go since it would be free. I watched their advertisement showing how it worked and how it tracked your progress. Seemed great. God forbid you look at your phone while sitting, tie your shoe, clean up around the house, bend down to pick something up...or worse yet, if you work with kids. It buzzes literally none stop. It goes from annoying to totally useless because your brain hates it so much it just tries to block it out. So when you are actually slouching and it's buzzing for that you don't even notice it for awhile. Did I mention I was sure I was going to break it? It can't be made out of anything. It's some sort of sorcery that it could be made so flimsy and not turn to dust when it vibrates. No no no no no no NO!
Device does not connect to phone.
First I should say that the device itself is fine. However, the connectivity is very, very bad. Everyday I tries to turn it on, I would have to turn my device off and on, wait, and then off and back on, until it connects. This process generally takes more than 10 minutes. I am a working individual, like most people who purchase this, and live a very busy life. I would rather not spend 10-20 minutes every morning trying to get the device to connect to my phone.
I have had other wearable devices, and they always connected perfectly. This is the only exception. For that reason, I am leaving a negative review.
Pococina Wireless Hands-Free Bluetooth Beanie Hat Sport Speaker Knit Cap, Built-in Mic
4.0 out of 5 stars, 136 customer reviews
- ✔ Bluetooth Connection: Bluetooth beanie hat could compatible with almost all bluetooth enable devices such as smartphones, tablets, iPhone, iPad, Android, Samsung Galaxy, laptops, PC etc
- ✔ Battery Performance: Built in rechargeable Li-Ion battery provides up to 6 hours of playtime, charging time: 2 hours (USB charging cable included), Bluetooth Wireless range up to 33 feet (10 meters)
- ✔ Built-in microphone: 3-button control panel makes this speaker hats easy to answer calls, available for hands-free, find songs, and control volume
- ✔ Washable Earphone Hat: speaker driver and battery can be taken off, easy for washing
- ✔ Knit hat: acrylic fibers material, Winter hat keeps your head & ear warm while allowing you to enjoy music, Perfect for outdoor sports, running, skiing, skating, hiking, working out, dog walking, holiday travelling and so on, Warranty Period: 12 months
"COOLEST MOM EVER"!!!!
My kids HATED wearing beanie type hats when they were younger! I never would have guessed that the whining about NOT wanting to wear them would change into whining about WANTING them! What a difference 10 years can make. These days even the "dorky" ones with cartoon characters on them are cool. Trust me, I'm not complaining. I had two of my kids call me the "coolest mom EVER" when they unwrapped these hats for Christmas. These hats are very well constructed, really warm, fit nicely, AND have great sound! It was easy (for them) to connect these to their phones. Within a few minutes, they had replaced the headphones around their necks with the beanie on their head.
ADDED bonus for parents: They can still hear you while they wear this! And "no hats at the table" means your teen has to engage with family once in a while.
Awesome Bluetooth beanie.
Very cool beanie. Connect to your music and wear the hat and listen to your music anywhere. No ear buds to go in your ears so nothing falls out. Sound is great. My son wears it while he rides his bike and jumps on the trampoline. Keeps his head warm too! Great for me for running. Charging does not take long.
Waste of time!!
This is garbage I charged it and that difficult enough trying to find the port to plug in the wire
Once charged the volume is minimal at best ..if your outdoors as most hats are worn outside you better ask everyone around you to be quiet. The manufacturer states that the earpiece is not secure to allow for washing. What’s the point ...you have to set up the hat so that the ear peices are placed correctly between your ears. Then they do not stay on your ears because they move around.
Can I get my money back please !!
Soundbot SB210 HD Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Wireless Smart Beanie Headset Musical Knit Headphone Speaker Hat Speakerphone Cap,built-in Mic (Gry)
4.1 out of 5 stars, 861 customer reviews
- SOFT, SENSIBLE, COMFORTABLE, & WARM - Features premium double soft knit to provide the maximum comfort, delicacy, and secure-fit mobility for most versatile lifestyle indoor, sports-active outdoor, or everyday usage without compromising the convenience
- LOUD & HD MUSIC EXPERIENCE - Enjoy enhanced music listening experience with advanced digital sound, balanced deep bass, dynamic mid-range, & crystal clear high note while staying warm, delivered by high performance stereo loudspeaker driver
- ONE SIZE FIT ALL & UNIVERSAL WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY - Stretchable high quality knit material to fit all sizes and shapes, Universal Bluetooth v4, 0 technology with forward/backward compatibility to connect to all other Bluetooth enabled media player devices including smartphones, tablets, iPhone, iPad, Android, Samsung Galaxy, laptops, PC, , , , etc
- HUMAN ENGINEERING DESIGN - Intuitive control buttons & high density built-in rechargeable battery to manage 7hrs of hands-free calling and 5hrs of wireless remote music streaming, from up to 33 feet of distance with free line of sight, Built with easy-access MicroUSB charging port (MicroUSB Cable included)
- FULLY WASHABLE - Unprecedented zipper and velcro design to remove or re-install headset speaker driver and battery component easily in seconds from the beanie for washing purpose, 100% risk-free 1 year manufacturer warranty included
Terrible product! I receive my soundbot and it was ...
Terrible product! I receive my soundbot and it was a totally waste of money. I couldn't really hear anything out the speakers and from the poor design my speakers were everywhere throughout my beanie.
This hat was a hit as a Christmas present with both of my grandsons! One of them works in construction and is not allowed to play his music while he works if he has to use headphones with wires (due to safety considerations). This hat is OK for safety, and he gets to hear his music. His wife is 7 months pregnant and he can also get an emergency call if needed. Love it!!
LOVE IT!!!! Bought a couple of these for gifts this year and EVERYONE loves them! The speakers are surprisingly loud. They connect via bluetooth to your cell phone or other bluetooth device. The sound quality is excellent and you can even answer phone calls! The hat itself appears to be durable. Of course this will be tested over time. I have not had to wash it yet but there are instructions in how to do so. This is a great gift for any music lover!
Coleman VisionHD 1080p HD / 5.0 MP Wearable POV Sports Digital Camera & Video
5.0 out of 5 stars, 2 customer reviews
- Hard Plastic
- 135⁰ Wide Angle Lens; 5, 0MP Still Image Resolution
- 1080p Full HD 30fps Video Resolution
- Anti-Scratch/Anti Shock UV Protected Safety Lens
- Waterproof up to 3m/10ft; -20⁰c Freeze Proof/Dust Proof
- Micro SDHC Expandable to 32GB (card not included); Built in Lithium-Ion Battery, USB Port and Vibration Alerts
Fantastic option if you are looking to record footage on obstacle course races!
While looking for an alternative to a GoPro to use on a Spartan Race, I came across these. Waterproof, HD video, the ability to take pictures...sounded like a good option. They did not disappoint! Video and picture quality are fantastic.
Two things to be aware of if you are considering buying a pair: (1) they are a bit weighty, so if you intend on wearing them for a prolonged period of time, it might get a little uncomfortable. Whenever I was not recording, I wore them on top of my head and it worked out fine. (2) On a full charge, you can get approximately 2 hours of consecutive recording time.
If those two things don't matter, I highly recommend getting a pair!
On testing I have no problems. I will fully test it on vacation.
DigiOptix Smart Glasses for Android Smart Devices Bluetooth for headphones Audio Headsets, Best Action Camera, Take Calls, Sap Calls, Record Videos, Gesture Control DigiOptix, 16 GB
3.4 out of 5 stars, 3 customer reviews
- The motus holds a one of a kind dynamic movement sensor
- HD 1080p video is only a press of the button or small gesture away
- A 12 mega pixel camera is built into the glasses so everyone can see the world through your eyes
- Using Bluetooth wireless technology, the smart glasses can automatically pair to your smartphone
- The DigiOptix motus model smart glasses make transferring moments on to your computer effortlessly
Pretty Dang Awesome!
It's really nice for recording things when you really want to be living in the moment and not worrying about looking at a camera/phone screen. I hate seeing the world through my phone screen! So now I can take pictures, and video, and not miss a moment of anything. I used it for the Total Solar Eclipse recently and it worked great! And I didn't miss the eclipse with my own eyes!
This is a piece of junk. Don't waste your money. The photos and video are both such low quality. Gesture sensor wouldn't work. Glassed are heavy and tend to tilt on the side with the camera. Nice concept but poor execution . Hopefully the next model will be better.
Vufine+ Wearable Display
3.2 out of 5 stars, 22 customer reviews
- High Definition Virtual Display - Clear Enough for Video and Text
- HDMI Compatible - Can Connect to Any Device Capable of Outputting 720p
- Magnetic Docking Station - Easily Attach When you Need it and Pocket it When you Don't
- Internal Battery - For a 90 Minute Runtime
- Highly Portable - Small and Incredibly Tough
It is not clear and I have been very disappointed
Crisp picture and must have for drones n cinema photography
Ordered it with the intention of using it for flying drones and I'm glad i did. It is exactly what it says it is. It's a remote view finder. It has a clear picture and is perfect for my intended use. I will probably use it for my dslr also as a view finder. It has a more crisp picture than my 70D's view finder and solves the problem with outside viewing while recording. I use a hat and you couldn't pay me to wear the provided glasses,,😂 so I built a hat clip that is permanently mounted to the the hat so it will always be ready. The hat sits with the gear anyway.
The Vufine + is AMAZING! I am a drone Geek and it works great with my 3DR Solo and Yuneec Typhoon! Vufine also has AWESOME customer service. I originally ordered the right eye version and found that I am left eye dominant. I reached out to Vufine and they immediately sent me the left eye version.
I am excited to see what they will come up with next. I will defiantly recommended this to my friends and family.
PowerLead Mobile Theatre Video Glasses 52 Inch Virtual Screen
2.6 out of 5 stars, 41 customer reviews
- Providing an advanced 52 inch virtual screen that will make you feel your in a movie theater
- This product is a portable DVD players and MP4 players are out
- This gadget is the ONLY way to enjoy your media files on the go and in an cinema-like quality
- This Mobile Theatre Video Glasses are capable of playing everything from movies to photos
- If you are looking for the ultimate media player then you have definitely found the right product,
Doesn't play loud enough on airplanes and must convert mp4 to AVI.
Doesn't play loud enough on airplanes. Earpieces are plastic and there are no audio jacks for external headphones so on a loud airplane you are pretty much limited, as volume at its maximum is not very audible when bg noise is present. Picture quality acceptable for 480p but you must go through file conversions to make mp4 into AVI as this will not play mp4 files. It will also not play files converted to anything higher than 480p resolution.
They have the right idea with built in memory but its quite a time consuming task converting movies from mp4 to AVI just for plane flights. You have to wear your regular glasses to see in focus there are no focus options. A bit uncomfortable. If they played louder I'd keep them as price for what you get is good otherwise.
Also the box this came in says this unit is mp4 compatible but it isn't, the mp4 must be converted to AVI.
this thing is garbage.
According to the description it can support 1080p max and all type of file type. I converted the videos to every file type and it still doesn't read or unsupported. 430x320 resolution avi it finally read. this thing is garbage.
They were ok but not what I expected
Simple Matters, Ditto Vibrating Notification Device for People with Hearing Loss, Waterproof, iOS & Android Compatible, Clear
3.4 out of 5 stars, 353 customer reviews
- NEVER MISS A THING, Ditto notifies you to incoming calls, texts, emails, & calendar updates
- SILENT BRACELET ALARM, Ditto has a silent alarm that wakes you and not your partner
- NO MORE LOST PHONES, Ditto's virtual tether reminds you if you've gotten too far from your phone
- CUSTOMIZEABLE, Customize your Ditto in the Mobile App, Compatible with Android & iOS
- CLIP-IT, WEAR-IT, ANYWHERE, Each Ditto includes Wristband and Battery
If you can't hear or feel your phone Ditto is great for noisy, busy places
Bought this for hubby as he works around radars, warehouses and airplanes and can't always hear his cell phone ring. He has an HTC phone that's about 3-4 yrs old. Had a little trouble getting the Ditto & his phone talking to each other, but after a couple of tries they connected. He has had this since Christmas, 2015 and it's very helpful. He can wear it in a shirt pocket where he can feel it vibrate. He's misplaced it a few times, but has always been able to find it. The phone and Ditto sometimes quit talking and it takes about a day, even with updates for them to get back together.
I would recommend this as an option for additional notification of cell phone calls and messages you may miss due to noise.
Overall I like this product
Overall I like this product. I do wish the app had the ability to "loop" the alert for selected notifications. Made this suggestion to manufacturer and they indicated that if enough users suggest this feature, they will look into adding that to the app. Battery life is less than anticipated but probably due to the fact that I receive many emails throughout the day, maybe more than the average user. I wear it on my t-shirt collar and notice the vibration more than I do on my iPhone worn in a phone holster on my hip. I often forget it is there until it vibrates.I have often had to retrieve it from my t-shirt in the laundry basket. I would, and have, recommended this to friends and family.
It would be good to be able to adjust the distance to a ...
Seems to work well. It would be good to be able to adjust the distance to a shorter "leash" between your phone and the Ditto. Or change the 30 second delay from when the Bluetooth signal is lost to around ten seconds. Otherwise, this is a good convenient product that serves it's intended purpose well.
Quell Wearable Pain Relief Technology Starter Kit
4.4 out of 5 stars, 64 customer reviews
- 100% drug free, wearable technology that provides relief from chronic pain
- Doctor recommended; designed for people with back pain, arthritis pain, nerve pain, leg and foot pain
- In a clinical study, 4 out of 5 users reported improvement in chronic pain, FDA cleared for 24/7 use, even while sleeping
- Bluetooth connected smartphone app allows you to customize therapy and track sleep, pain & activity
- Commit to using Quell daily for 30 days, If you’re not satisfied with your level of relief, contact Quell for a full refund
has helped my pain considerably
I am a skeptic and reviewed and thought about this for about 2 months before deciding to try it. For me this is quite expensive, but my pain was getting unbearable. I see people's comments about it only helped their pain 30%, well 30% decrease in my pain would have been worth the money. I did start acupuncture at the same time as I started using my Quell device and I would say my pain is reduced by 70%. I don't know which it is or a combination, but I will not quit either one. I can finally function again. I mostly did it because of my back pain, but I do have widespread pain mostly from arthritis.
One more comment. I was having trouble with the base coming unsnapped and contacted customer service and they suggested wearing the band looser. That seemed counter intuitive to me, but I did what they said and no more problems. I think customer service is very helpful and knows their device, so I would go with their suggestions.
I have been using Quell for more than a year. I started after having my 3rd lumbar surgery, and 2 cervical spine surgeries. I could tell after a month, that it was really helping. I have osteoarthritis and disc degeneration. I now only wear the quell at night. I had used every product available. .. including TENS units, before Quell. None of them helped until Quell. I highly recommend this product!
I wasn't so sure at first, and it took a few days to start working. I didnt think it would help the PsA and Fibromyalgia. I wear the Quell daily, all day long, and now sleeping. And that made SUCH a HUGE difference! I sleep all night long!! I haven't done that.. in forever. I'm not 100% pain free, but a 3 or 4 On the pain scale, I can deal with. Thank you SO much!!
GoPro Style Head Mount for Your Smartphone, Operable with Any Phone, Regardless of Case. Strong Hold. Compatible with Rugged Cases, Waterproof Cases, and also GoPro Cameras
3.7 out of 5 stars, 74 customer reviews
- Compatibility: Any Smartphone, case, iPod Touch, & GoPro® Cameras
- What's Included: Universal Head Strap and Storage Pouch, smartphone adapter (suction mount) and thumb screw, tightening wrench for thumb screw
- Elastic strap material contains silicone "grippy" material to provide a no-slip hold
- Fully adjustable, and can be worn over some types of helmets
- The Head Strap is not intended for High-Impact sports or activities
Works but you will look like a goofball!
This mount does its job well enough. But if you are going to be around people they will look at yo funny. However I just tell people I’m live-streaming and they seem to know what that is
absolutely amazing and not a beat missed during the storms
Used with Pixel XL at Electric Forest weekend 1, absolutely amazing and not a beat missed during the storms, highly recommend.
Nerdy, but it works! A bit difficult to ...
Nerdy, but it works! A bit difficult to get it pointed at what I wanted. Will take some practice to "aim" it.
Moverio BT-300 Smart Glasses (AR/Developer Edition)
3.7 out of 5 stars, 40 customer reviews
- Ideal platform for developing AR apps — seamlessly blend digital content into the world around you with this highly transparent Si-OLED display
- Powered by an Intel Atom chipset and built on an Android platform — familiar and open development environment, plus access to the Moverio SDK with developer tools and resources
- From the world leader in projection technology — revolutionary Si-OLED micro-projection technology for sharp HD images with amazing color and contrast
- Light, comfortable fit — world’s lightest Si-OLED-powered, binocular, transparent smart glasses, only 2, 5 oz/69 g; easy to wear, even for extended periods of time; Dimensions Headset: 7, 52x 7, 01x 0, 98 Inches (W x D x H);Dimensions Controller: 2, 20 x 4, 57 x 0, 91 Inches(W x D x H)
- Packed with sensors — motion-tracking sensors in the headset and controller, plus a front-facing high-resolution camera make it ideal for 360-degree, hands-free AR apps and more
2 returns- 1st pair defective, 2nd pair used
The first pair I recieved worked for a solid week of light use, then would not show anything on glasses. The tethered control unit would only flash blue no matter how long charged. I dont call tech support when I pay $700 for something that is suppose to cost that much because of the quality. I did surf for similar problems, and found plenty! To top it off, I opted for a replacement pair instead of a refund to give them another shot. However, I was sent an obviously returned/refurbished pair as replacement with a dirty box, and scotch tape curling up off of the box where the original manufacturer seal was on the first pair I received.
Pro: Fast shipping
UPDATE: I decided to keep the second pair that arrived in open box out of fear of not getting my refund quick enough to order directly from Epson before Christmas. Only time will tell if I made a good decision.
Good for DJI drones
It is perfect addition to my DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone. It allows to combine direct line of view with FPV experience. The only concern is that it seems that DJI does not test its Android application with this device to needed level. All works good except map at main screen: rectangle that outlines place for the map is in the left corner but map itself is in the right one. All the rest looks and works well. I can recommend it for DJI drone pilots.
Works as described, allowing line of sight and FPV. A bit expensive though.
Myo Gesture Control Armband (Black)
3.4 out of 5 stars, 143 customer reviews
- Reads the electrical activity of your muscles and the motion of your arm to let you wirelessly control technology with hand gestures and motion
- Find over 100 applications to control music, games, presentations, and more in Myo Market
- Map gestures to your keyboard for customized control
- Develop with open APIs and free SDK to build solutions for home automation, drones, computer games, virtual reality, and more
- Works with Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android devices through a wireless connection
It was easy to sync and get started with the Thalmic video ...
I have thought about getting Myo for a while. I finally decided to order, and it arrived less than 24 hours later! It was easy to sync and get started with the Thalmic video tutorials. I have a small arm so I use a couple of the sizing clips that came in the box, and it fits very comfortably. I've just started experimenting with Myo, but so far it is very promising. I can't wait to see more apps developed for my iPhone and iPad. Will keep checking Myo Market for new developments!
I am still working with this product. It is ...
I am still working with this product. It is an interesting idea, but does not always perform in a reliable manner.
Futuristic device for a scientist!
I am giving 5 stars for the potential this device has. Myo works well for my arms and I am planning on using it mostly for presentations and during in vitro lab experiments when I am not able to use my hands freely. There are definitely different sweet spots for different users - knowing the muscle mechanics and functions, this variability is unavoidable. However, I believe that the Thalmic Labs team will be able to continue to improve their algorithms for even better gesture recognition!
NeuroSky MindWave Mobile Myndplay Bundle
2.3 out of 5 stars, 22 customer reviews
- The MindWave Mobile bundle features MyndPlay, an interactive movie application that incorporates the power of your mind!
- Learn about your brainwaves, train your meditation, and develop your own applications with the MindWave Mobile Brainwave Headset
- Safely measures brainwaves as you interact with your computer or mobile device, Designed in Silicon Valley
- Over 150 brain-training and educational apps available at NeuroSky's app store, Supports Windows, Mac, iOS and Android
- Monitor your levels of attention and relaxation
Supposed to be new but it was USED!
Complete junk! Box was ripped, it has been opened and was used. Very unhappy. Not only was it used, it was dirty. Gross! I bought this because I wanted to see the effects it would have on my disorders.
I have received 2pcs of it By the my disappoint it had a broken switch when we got it
I have received 2pcs of it By the my disappoint it had a broken switch when we got it. Switch was not functioning on 2 devices. So need to find repair . I can't send it back, because Im not in USA now, but disappointed quality
I brought Neurosky brainwave headset myndplay. The NeuroSky website ...
I brought Neurosky brainwave headset myndplay. The NeuroSky website says "If you purchased your MindWave Mobile: MyndPlay Bundle in or after 2013, then it should come with two discs, one inside the box and one on the sleeve" but i got only one CD inside sleeve not the other one. When I ran the installation program from their supplied disc it not get installed hanging at 1% I mailed neurosky customer support but no responce and support. while reading many reviews i came to see that It is an common problem almost all buyer facing with neurosky CD/DVD. please some one help me I am using windows 8.1
Star Wars Science - Force Trainer
3.5 out of 5 stars, 115 customer reviews
- 15 Levels of training: Advance from Padawan to Jedi Knight
- Wireless Headset
- Training remote
- Features STAR WARS character voices and sound effects
- Fun and informative learning guide
He is an avid Star Wars fan and I knew he'd love it. I was definitely nervous after reading the ...
Bought this for my nephew's 8th bday. He is an avid Star Wars fan and I knew he'd love it. I was definitely nervous after reading the reviews, but took away from that the key to it working is in the setup. It took a good 20-30 minutes after my nephew opened it for my brother to read the directions and set it up, but we intentionally did so slowly and carefully. It worked like a charm! My nephew was thrilled when he was able to make the ball move. Everyone in the family took a turn trying it throughout the day, and it was unanimously voted a winner.
I'm sure it will be better for you
Personally, there's something wrong with the unit i ordered, as the "fan-obstruction" light blinks every time i try to calibrate the fan, even though i made sure it was cleared of obstructions.
Don't let this stop you from buying one though! Make sure you get one that has not been used, and that is being sold from a seller with good reviews, and chances are you'll get one that won't be broken and that you can actually enjoy.
I've interacted with a working model in the past, and it was fantastic fun, especially if you're trying to impress your friends with the "science" aspect of the toy.
Overall, I would recommend this to both Star Wars fans and general science-toy enthusiasts, but just make sure you buy one from a reputable source. Even if you have to shell out a little extra for a new one, it will be well worth it when you can actually use it instead of keeping it as a dust-collecting trinket such as mine is currently being used for.
Mindflex Duel Game
3.4 out of 5 stars, 251 customer reviews
- Mindflex Duel is the ultimate head-to-head brain game challenge
- Based on the original hit mental acuity game Mindflex
- Lets two players battle each other using mind-eye concentration
- Includes two lightweight headsets that measures players brainwaves to levitate a foam ball
- Over five play modes, for hours of fun!
Toy but not much more
Was fun to HACK and I connect the Mindflex EEG to my Arduino to play around but did not find this to be a lasting 'toy'. My kids (10yrs +) only used it for about 20 mins before getting board since they didn't feel they actually had any real 'control'. It hasn't come out of the box after the first usage.
I have since also bought a Muse EEG which has more sensor but cost much more.
Once I connected to Arduino + PC - I was able to see that it did in fact show information based on some brain activity but 90% of the reading was based on muscle motion and other brain activity was limited impact on the EEG.
Not sure how it works...
Not sure how it works but it's still fun to battle with the kids. We take it out every now and get our mind battles on but it's easy to tire of the game from concentrating on trying to make that ball float (or in my case, I try to think of nothing since that works better for me). We haven't mastered the game (if that's even possible for us) but it's definitely unique and gets everyone in the house down to the table to try to prove their brain wave control.
This one that I bought through Amazon is actually for a friend since we've had ours since Christmas. I read that it's a good way to help kids calm down and learn to concentrate. If anything, it will at least keep them focused for 30 minutes! :)
We love this game!
My son and I love this game. It doesn't take long to figure out and has turned into an excellent stress control tool. You cannot control the ball if you are distracted or angry. I use it for meditation. If the ball rises, I'm thinking too much.